Rice Pests of Bangladesh Their Ecology and Management (Hardcover)
We moved from a dependence on pesticides to an ecological approach based on the principles of integrated pest management (IPM). However, this radical change in strategy, so vital for pest management research, education and extension, has never before been compiled in a single volume for Bangladesh. In a nutshell the book:
• emphasizes IPM in place of a purely chemical approach;
• incorporates research efforts of the last 30-40 years;
• represents a single source for all rice pests: insects, vertebrates, diseases weeds;
• applies speifically to rice Bangladesh and neighboring eastern Indiac;
• analyses yield losses caused by major insect pests; • critically analyzes ways and means of implementing IPM;
- No ratings found yet!